Gibson & Jeffery LLP can help you achieve your hospitality, alcohol, or cannabis business goals.

We offer custom legal solutions for regulatory, commercial, and mergers & acquisitions issues in the California hospitality, alcohol, and cannabis industries.

We work with and advise industry clients operating at all stages of growth.

  • Startups opening the doors of their first owner-operated licensed businesses such as restaurants, brew-pubs, bed and breakfasts, dispensaries, manufacturing facilities, or cultivations
  • National and multinational hotel, restaurant, and grocery store chains in need of outside M&A, regulatory, and commercial counsel with respect to compliance with the California ABC Act and equivalent federal laws
  • Investors of all types, acquiring and selling interests in California businesses with alcoholic beverage or cannabis licenses
  • Lenders and creditors looking to maximize their security and minimize their risks when taking or issuing loans to businesses with alcohol or cannabis licenses
  • Landlords and tenants leasing or letting premises containing businesses with alcohol or cannabis licenses

We are well equipped and experienced in providing a full suite of services essential to alcohol and cannabis businesses.

  • California alcohol license acquisition and sale
  • California cannabis license acquisition and sale
  • Local zoning and permitting, conditional use permit acquisition, and social equity programs for alcohol and cannabis businesses
  • Commercial agreement drafting and negotiation
  • M&A of licensed hospitality, alcohol, and cannabis related businesses
  • Regulatory compliance for the alcohol and cannabis industries
  • Dispute resolution involving regulators at all levels of government
  • Sale to minor accusation defense and negotiation

We have a strong working relationship with regulators and government agencies at every level.

  • The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
  • The California Department of Cannabis Control (DCC)
  • The California Department of Public Health (CDPH or DPH)
  • The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA)
  • The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA)
  • The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
  • County and city governments across California

Contact us for a free half hour initial consultation

Contact us